Are you monitoring your Facebook page activity regularly to assess and improve performance? Facebook Insights provides some good analytics, but there are also some very useful 3rd party Facebook analytics tools that go beyond Facebook Insights.
The amount of people you reach through your Facebook page is continuously decreasing so you need to consider every option to make sure that you reach more people than your competitors. There are also some tools that provide analytics as part of a management platform which overall has better functionality than using Facebook directly.
This article summarizes some great tools worth checking out.
Agorapulse provides a full management tool for Facebook, detailed analytics and even apps for building competitions on Facebook. If you want one tool to use for Facebook management, apps and analytics consider Agorapulse. Here are some of the features for the analytics component:
- Page and timeline level analytics overview and more detailed reports. Graphs display breakdown of paid, organic and viral reach.
- Agorapulse Barometer – Free access to 8 competitive analysis statistics which compares performance of your page against other pages of a similar size to yours that also ran the barometer.
- Useful analytics related to moderation of posts and content. As moderation of content happens through Agorapulse they can report on this, for example, average time to respond to comments. Very useful for community managers and agencies.
Komfo provide a full social media marketing suite (including a suite of Facebook apps) with social media analytics as part of this. The company is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark but have a global team of 60+ social media marketing specialists. Komfo work with 350+ of the Nordic region’s largest companies and partner with 100+ of the leading social networks, agencies and software providers. Here are feature highlights for the analytics component:
- Post analytics on individual posts with categorization provided to allow you to clearly identify posts that were viral, spammy, engaging or penetrating.
- Shows performance for the last 30 days for up to 100 posts for the free version of the tool. This limit does not apply if you have a subscription to Komfo’s social media marketing suite
- ROI calculation and display in graph format split up into paid, organic and viral.
- Fan activity and influencer leaderboard
- Useful and simple competitor comparison chart with proprietary scoring which makes it easy to rate.
Quintly helps to track, analyze and benchmark Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram profiles.
- Market Benchmarking – Benchmark your page against competitors to compare performance.
- Customizable Dashboards – Set up customizable dashboards to monitor key metrics for you or your competitors. The dashboards can be converted to PDF’s.
- Automatic Reporting – Based on your dashboards you can set up automatic reports to be sent to relevant people within your organization.
- Facebook Insights Integration – You can import all your Facebook analytics data to the tool.
- Mission control – This is a live dashboard where you can monitor changes live up on the wall.
4. Scoreboard Social
Scoreboard Social provides simplified competitive and benchmark reporting for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- PDF reporting to your inbox – Get a weekly PDF which outlines the performance of your own, and/or your competitor’s pages.
- Create multiple watchlists – A watchlist is a collection of pages. You can create multiple watchlists based on different categories of pages you are targeting. You can also have the same page in multiple watchlists.
- View snapshot of performance – Based on the competitors in your watchlist you can view a quick overview of the top 2 posts for your competitor over the last 24 or 72 hours.
- Create watchlists to track your page or your competitors
Socialbakers provide a suite of social media management tools, one of which is an analytics module for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VK.com (Russia’s #1 social network), and more recently Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Facebook page country breakdown – Overview of country level statistics such as number of Facebook fans
- Industry benchmarking – compare your page by industry and region
- Competitive analysis – compare performance of your page versus other competitor pages
- View key influencers that are interacting on the page.
- Good reporting options, for example, side by side comparison with multiple competitors.
SumAll is a cross platform analytics tool that works with over 30+ services ranging from Instagram to Paypal. One of the supported platforms is Facebook and through the tool you can view Facebook analytics on it’s own or combine this data with data from a variety of other platforms. For example, compare traffic through your website against Facebook analytic data.
- Cross platform analytics – View your Facebook analytics in conjunction with other analytics. This will help you understand the correlation between channels (e.g. does more Facebook interaction lead to website traffic?).
- View side by side analytics with multiple pages
- Adjust date view to whatever date you require
- Can track as many Facebook pages as you want. Really useful for agencies with a large number of clients.
Sotrender is all about analytics and it provides a really good tool for a reasonable price. With Sotrender, as well as getting analytics, it provides you with suggestions for improvement with the analytics.
Get insights related to your audience, demographics and activity.
Price starts at $13 per month.
Facebook Analytics Tools Summary
To increase the amount of people that sees and interact with your content on Facebook requires some investigation to previous results and also investigation of your competitors. The above 7 Facebook analytic tools and Facebook management tools help you achieve better performance on Facebook. What Facebook tools do you use for improving performance of your Facebook page?