Are you monitoring your Facebook analytics regularly to assess and improve performance? The amount of people you reach through your Facebook page is continuously decreasing so you need to consider every option to make sure that you reach more people than your competitors. Facebook Insights provides some good analytics but there are also some very useful 3rd party Facebook analytics tools that go beyond Facebook Insights. There are also some tools that provide analytics as part of a management platform which overall has better functionality than using Facebook directly. This article is a summary of a detailed guide we have written which gives an independent review of 9 of these tools. So here are 9 Facebook analytics tools that are worth considering.
Agorapulse provide a full management tool for Facebook which includes CRM, analytics and Facebook applications. If you want one tool to use for Facebook management, apps and analytics consider Agorapulse. Here are some of the features for the analytics component:
- Page and timeline level analytics overview and more detailed reports. Graphs display breakdown of paid, organic and viral reach.
- Agorapulse Barometer – Free access to 8 competitive analysis statistics which compares performance of your page against other pages of a similar size to yours that also ran the barometer.
- Useful analytics related to moderation of posts and content. As moderation of content happens through Agorapulse they can report on this, for example, average time to respond to comments. Very useful for community managers and agencies.
BlitzMetrics is an analytics tool that provides metrics for all your main social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Some of the highlights of the tool include:
- Reporting available over 7 day, 30 day, year to date or you can select specific date periods.
- Provide customers (depending on licensing) direct access to the data so they can use business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Domo, Cognos, etc. to report on the data
- View graph reports in various formats, for example, graph view, list view. View overview graph for each statistic and then select this to view a larger graph.
- Overview reporting available for groups of pages (e.g. if you have 10 company pages you can see an overview report for all). This is very useful for larger companies.
- Demographic reporting with split of PTAT (People talking about this) amongst male/female
- Provides trending of a few dozen metrics, including all metrics available for export from Facebook insights.
Komfo provide a full social media marketing suite (including a suite of Facebook apps) with analytics as part of this. The company is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark but have a global team of 60+ social media marketing specialists. Komfo work with 350+ of the Nordic region’s largest companies and partner with 100+ of the leading social networks, agencies and software providers. Here are feature highlights for the analytics component:
- Post analytics on individual posts with categorization provided to allow you to clearly identify posts that were viral, spammy, engaging or penetrating.
- Shows performance for the last 30 days for up to 100 posts for the free version of the tool. This limit does not apply if you have a subscription to Komfo’s social media marketing suite
- ROI calculation and display in graph format split up into paid, organic and viral.
- Fan activity and influencer leaderboard
- Useful and simple competitor comparison chart with proprietary scoring which makes it easy to rate.
PostAcumen (from the founders of EdgeRank Checker) aims to examine the “why” and the “how” of competitive social analytics. They don’t believe in showing changes in baseline metrics, but instead want to determine why these changes happened and what you can do to take advantage of them. Here are just some of the features they provide:
- Detailed competitive analysis which give good actionable insights.
- Monocle real time viewer – If you are really active on your Facebook page you can monitor real-time the activity.
- A great feature is the analysis of photos where photos shared on a page are displayed in a visual with the most popular ones appearing on the top of the page.
Quintly helps to track, analyze and benchmark Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram profiles.
- Market Benchmarking – Benchmark your page against competitors to compare performance.
- Customizable Dashboards – Set up customizable dashboards to monitor key metrics for you or your competitors. The dashboards can be converted to PDF’s.
- Automatic Reporting – Based on your dashboards you can set up automatic reports to be sent to relevant people within your organization.
- Facebook Insights Integration – You can import all your Facebook analytics data to the tool.
- Mission control – This is a live dashboard where you can monitor changes live up on the wall.
6. Scoreboard Social
Scoreboard Social provides simplified competitive and benchmark reporting for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- PDF reporting to your inbox – Get a weekly PDF which outlines the performance of your own, and/or your competitor’s pages.
- Create multiple watchlists – A watchlist is a collection of pages. You can create multiple watchlists based on different categories of pages you are targeting. You can also have the same page in multiple watchlists.
- View snapshot of performance – Based on the competitors in your watchlist you can view a quick overview of the top 2 posts for your competitor over the last 24 or 72 hours.
- Create watchlists to track your page or your competitors
Socialbakers provide a suite of social media management tools, one of which is an analytics module for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VK.com (Russia’s #1 social network), and more recently Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Facebook page country breakdown – Overview of country level statistics such as number of Facebook fans
- Industry benchmarking – compare your page by industry and region
- Competitive analysis – compare performance of your page versus other competitor pages
- View key influencers that are interacting on the page.
- Good reporting options, for example, side by side comparison with multiple competitors.
SumAll is a cross platform analytics tool that works with over 30+ services ranging from Instagram to Paypal. One of the supported platforms is Facebook and through the tool you can view Facebook analytics on it’s own or combine this data with data from a variety of other platforms. For example, compare traffic through your website against Facebook analytic data.
- Cross platform analytics – View your Facebook analytics in conjunction with other analytics. This will help you understand the correlation between channels (e.g. does more Facebook interaction lead to website traffic?).
- View side by side analytics with multiple pages
- Adjust date view to whatever date you require
- Can track as many Facebook pages as you want. Really useful for agencies with a large number of clients.
9. Wisemetrics Stream
Wisemetrics Stream is an advanced social analytics and reporting solution, currently focused on Facebook but with Twitter coming in Q1 2014. Feature highlights:
- Save time on reporting with monthly PowerPoint export of all reports – a very visually appealing PowerPoint report provided as a full presentation.
- ROI (Return on Investment) evaluation
- Benchmark performance against competitors
- Country by country metrics for global pages – This means you can break down a page by a particular country and see information related to fans for that country.
- Historical reporting – You can report back to when the page was launched if required (this is not available within Facebook).
- Supports bit.ly integration so if you include bit.ly links, Wisemetrics Stream will track clicks on these links.
- Algorithm is used for monthly reports to provide a fairly good estimate of your unique users reached or engaged for a whole month (instead of 28 days as provided by Facebook).
To increase the amount of people that sees and interact with your content on Facebook requires some investigation to previous results and also investigation of your competitors. The above 9 Facebook analytic tools and Facebook management tools help you achieve better performance on Facebook. What Facebook tools do you use for improving performance of your Facebook page? Check out our detailed guide which gives a very comprehensive overview of each of the tools above.
About the author
Author: Ian Cleary is the Founder of RazorSocial and is super passionate about helping people leverage tools and technology to improve effectiveness of your social media presence.